Guide for Oracle Eloqua template integration
Before you get started, to make sure you are equiped for a smooth integration, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create an account on Billa Studio.
Step 2: Select from over 100+ templates, elements and layouts. Create and design your email marketing campaign.
Step 3: Export and download your email marketing campaign template file.
Step 4: Integrate your email marketing template with Oracle Eloqua.
Now you’re ready to go, it’s time to integrate with Oracle Eloqua!
You can upload an HTML file or a ZIP file that contains your HTML as well as any associated content (images). If you have created an email outside of Oracle Eloqua using HTML, you can upload the file to Oracle Eloqua then edit the content in the Source Editor.
Before you begin:
- Make sure your code adheres to the code requirements for HTML email uploads.
- You can upload an HTML file or a ZIP file. If you upload a ZIP, Oracle Eloqua will extract the files during the upload process.
- The maximum file size you can upload is 2.5 megabytes.
To create new emails or templates using the HTML upload wizard:
- Navigate to Assets , then click Emails.
- Click Upload an Email.
- Choose what you want to upload.
- Click and browse to the HTML or ZIP file you want to upload.The upload wizard continues to the next step.
- Review the list of images and other files and choose to either use existing files or upload new ones.
Choose one of the options listed beside each image:
- Use Suggested Image: Choose this option if the image is already in the image library. If an image is available that matches the title of the image file in the HTML code, the application will automatically suggest that file as the correct mapping.
- Upload New Image: Choose this option if the image is not in the library. Click Upload New and upload the image. Once uploaded, a thumbnail of the image is shown.
- Do Nothing: Choose this option if you do not wish to change the image shown in the thumbnail.
When you are finished, click Next Step.
In the Process Links step, all hyperlinks in the uploaded email are listed. If you want to track these hyperlinks and ensure that clickthroughs are reported in Oracle Eloqua, enable the Track Link check box next to each hyperlink. If you wish to track visits to all links in the email, enable the Track All button in the upper-left hand corner. Repeat as required, then click Next Step.
In the Finish step of the upload wizard, name your HTML document and select the destination folder where you want it to be stored. This is an optional step, the location can be changed at a later time if required.
If you chose to upload an email, there is a field on this screen in which you can specify the email group. If you do not specify a group here, you will be required to do it later before the email can be sent.
If you are uploading a template, there will not be an email groups option. Instead, you will see a description field, in which you can provide details about the email. You can also choose an image to represent this template in the Template Chooser.
Select the Use Thumbnail check box if you want a thumbnail image of your template to be shown in the Template Chooser. If you clear this check box, you are presented with the option to select either a generic (blue) icon, or by clicking Change Icon, you can choose one of the available icon designs shown below.
Click Finish to complete the upload process. The upload wizard closes and the Source Editor opens. Here you can perform any additional editing and styling if required. Learn more about the editing HTML emails using the Source Editor.
- Click Save.